If you have any material that you think ought to be in the archive, please notify Bryan Bates and Phyllis Vangelder, by e-mailing email@example.com.
How do I donate material?
Current priorities for the archive:
We are interested in acquiring a wide range of market research-related materials for the archive, but the following have been identified as of particularly high priority:
- Commentary/Journal of Market Research/International Journal of Market Research (our collection is almost complete, particularly for the more recent years)
- MRS Newsletter/Research Magazine, 1966-2000 (collection mostly complete but there are still some gaps – tell us what you have!)
- Survey Magazine
- Biographies of leading practitioners of the 1940s to 1980s
We will also be looking for the following:
- Papers delivered at MRS Annual Conferences
- Papers delivered at subject-specific MRS Seminars
- Continuous Studies: Reports from TGI, NRS, TV and JICTAR Audience Panels, as well as technical supporting material detailing techniques
- Mintel Reports
- Office for National Statistics (ONS) Reports
- Office of Population Censuses and Surveys (OPCS) Reports
- Industry specific material: Reports and techniques from eg for advertising, media (TV, radio, print, poster, etc., e.g. Thomson Award Papers), packaging, product development and testing, travel and tourism (eg BNTS- British National Tourism Survey), financial services, the professions (eg law, accountancy), opinion polls (political and other), public sector/government, education, healthcare, pharmaceutical
- Research applications: client briefings and relationships, analysis, presentations, graphics, marketing relevance
- MRS Yearbooks/Research Buyers’ Guides
- Organisations: Research company ownership, management, and performance
- AMSO, ABMRC, AURA, AQRP data, mergers and acquisitions. Note that if the material has not previously been published, we will need to know who owns the copyright to it before we can make it public.
Dr Sheila Keegan and Dr Alan Branthwaite, pictured left, have both recently donated some of the material that they have held to the AMSR.