Publicity Manager – part time
Archive of Market and Social Research (AMSR)
Reporting to the Marketing & PR Advisor, AMSR
Line manager: as a small organisation, there is no line management responsibility for staff, though volunteer support and co-working is available whenever required.
Overall purpose of post: To contribute to and implement communications plans to reach key audience groups across research, academic and social history sectors, and relevant media, on behalf of AMSR.
Background: The AMSR is a living, searchable archive of high quality research data and commentary largely available in digital format via its website. Drawn from the output of respected practitioners over many decades, it forms an inspiring source of insight for those seeking to explore the dynamics of change – in the past, the present and crucially, for the future.
- To generate positive coverage in key national and specialist newspapers, magazines, broadcast and on-line media through issuing news releases
- To handle media enquiries and deal with any subsequent coverage, reacting on the organisation’s behalf
- To build and maintain a database of media contacts, fostering good relationships with relevant journalists
- To post on social media for AMSR (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- To deliver communication plans for AMSR in order to ensure that the information and learning potential of AMSR content is promoted and communicated to target audiences
- To monitor and report on any expenditure
- To work closely and creatively with the Marketing and PR Committees as well as Fundraising Committee when required
- To work closely with key partner, the Market Research Society, to ensure that integrated communications reflect the Archive’s objectives
- To monitor the AMSR website to ensure accuracy and topicality
At least three years’ experience of developing and implementing PR/communication plans in a commercial or service environment. Experience in a research/academic environment may be an advantage.
Skills / Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, IT and digital media skills
- Demonstrate ability to think and plan with a forward-looking and creative approach
- Highly organised and motivated with an ability to work both on own initiative and as a team player
- Ability to work flexibly and successfully and build relationships at all levels including excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate flawless attention to detail
How to apply
See panel to right
Publicity Manager – job summary
Part-time role, £500 per month.
To deliver communication plans to reach key audience groups across research, academic and social history sectors, and relevant media, on behalf of AMSR.
Experience of implementing PR plans with excellent written and verbal communications skills across traditional and digital media.
How to apply:
Please click this link to email us your CV, along with a covering note explaining why this role appeals to you.
We look forward to hearing from you.